I have officially watched Grease: Live twice and listened the soundtrack at least seven times in the past 24 hours. I was not sure if my initial love for the live TV musical was due to champagne or childhood nostalgia, but it’s totally held up and the obsession has gotten worse. I’m seriously about to start a Kickstarter for a live tour, but until then, here’s the highlights of the night in GIF form (that also doubles as a love letter to Aaron Tveit… Mr. Tripp van der Bilt).
There were a lot of great moments from the leading ladies…
1. When the pink ladies reminded us they were the OG #squadgoals:
2. When the original Frenchie and the new Frenchie shared the screen together:
3. When Julianne Hough slayed Hopelessly Devoted To You:
4. When Vanessa Hudgens OWNED There Are Worse Things I Could Do:
5. And channeled Rizzo’s sass during Look At Me, I’m Sandra Dee:
6. When Jan was hilarious every time she was on screen:
7. When FOX let this air on TV:
8. When Julianne nailed “Tell me about it, Stud…”
But Aaron Tveit was the star of the show…
9. When he danced with his T-Birds during Summer Nights:
10. And a star was born (his pelvis):
11. I mean… *Swoon*
12. Plus, he had perfect harmony with Julianne:
13. When he looked hot by the lockers:
14. When he pulled off the Danny hair better than you thought he would:
15. The entire dance sequence of…
16. …Grease Lightning because…
17. HIPS. DON’T. LIE.
18. When his voice shined when he was stranded at the drive-in:
19. When he wore short shorts:
20. When his eyes sold the cheesy car chase scene:
21. When he brought those hips back out at the dance:
22. And at the carnival:
23. When his chemistry with Julianne was too hot to handle:
24. See 23.
25. See 24.
26. See 25.
I think it’s time for another rewatch.