Happy New Year’s Eve! I can’t wait to see what celebrity messes up first in 2015. In the meantime, here’s the most talked about (in no particular order) pop culture moments from 2014. #TheCountdownIsOn
1. Elevator Drama: I think my favorite part of Solange beating up Jay-Z in the elevator is Beyoncé watching like it’s nbd… or the SNL parody.
2. Blue Ivy on stage: Nothing made the world fall in love with Bey and Jay again like their daughter congratulating her mom on stage (and dancing like her in the audience). #StarsTheyreJustLikeUs… #ButBetter
3. Oscar selfie: File this and the pizza delivery for reasons Ellen should host everything. Ever.
4. Katy Perry costumes: Next Halloween everyone should drink when they see people dressed up as Katy Perry as a Cheeto or Katy Perry as Britney Spears.
5. Idina Menzel/ Adele Dazeem: Considering Frozen was one of the most talked about movies in the planet, you should probably know how to pronounce the star’s name. I want to say good try John Travolta, but my parents taught me not to lie.
6. Pharrell’s Hat: The only thing that made me less happy than the song Happy was seeing Pharrell is this stupid hat.
7. Nick Jonas Pictures: The youngest JoBro wanted to make sure everyone knew he didn’t wear his purity ring anymore.
8. Celebrities take the Ice Bucket Challenge: My personal favorite is Ben Affleck’s, but many celebrities took the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge to raise money for ALS (Matt Damon went the extra mile and did it with toilet water…. #Ew *Jimmy Fallon voice*).
9. Conscious uncoupling: Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin used a fancy (and stupid) word for divorce, and the world did not take it well. But seriously, what did people expect from two people who named their children APPLE and MOSES?
10. Angelina and Brad wedding: The only thing more surprising than Brangelia getting married is Brangelina selling their wedding pictures to People Magazine.
11. Prince George 1st birthday (and Kate Middleton’s Pregnancy Announcement): Prince George and his future sibling have better lives than everyone in your extended family put together, and all of the pictures and gifs won’t let you forget it.
12. Miley Cyrus Tour: You had to see it to believe it.
13. Sharknado 2: Steve Sanders and that girl from American Pie fought sharks again and made everyone want a chainsaw hand.
14. Lupita Nyong’o- A Star is Born: All hail the Oscar Award Winning Actresses and her ability to look good in a dress in every color.
15. Kim and Kanye Wedding: While I’m still pissed that Kimye’s Keeping Up With The Kardashians Wedding Special showed everything but the actual wedding and reception, you cannot deny that the union of these two divas made major headlines. Kongrats on having the most liked picture on Instagram, Kimye, I’m sure North West is really proud.
16. Butt Trend: Kim, Nicki, JLO and Iggy made everyone consider stuffing their jeans.
17. George and Amal Wedding: After their summer wedding, women everywhere were asking WWMCD? (What would Mrs. Clooney do?)
18. Celebrity photo leak: Everyone with a social media account saw sides of Jennifer Lawrence, Ariana Grande and Kate Upton that they never thought they would.
19. Stephen Collins and Billy Cosby: Two of America’s favorite dads were accused of disturbing abuse and rapes, and Reverend Camden and Cliff Huxtable would be ashamed of their alter egos.
20. Kylie Jenner’s Lips: On a much lighter note, the youngest Kardashian-Jenner showed the true power of makeup.
21. Taylor’s Swift’s Pop Princess Takeover: Love her or hate her, you cannot deny that Shake It Off and Blank Space were (or still are) on repeat in your car for more hours than you can count.
22. Justin Bieber arrest: The Biebs was arrested for a DUI and his mugshot is so iconic that they even sell it on mugs (I may or may not have gotten one for Christmas). PS: his on and off (and on and off) relationship with Selena Gomez makes honorable mention on this list.
23. Lauren Conrad wedding: LC probably made all of her ex-boyfriends sing The One That Got Away into their hairbrushes when they saw how amazing she looked at her wedding to William Tell.
24. The Interview: North Korea didn’t want the US to release a movie about us killing their leader, and Seth Rogen and James Franco can’t believe they are in a movie this many (sober) people cared about. Everybody wins!
25. Renée Zellweger: The proof is in the pictures.
Gifs and pictures courtesy of http://www.tumblr.com, http://www.usmagazine.com and http://www.popsugar.com.