I asked my twitter feed that question over two years ago, and my habits have only gotten worse (or better, depending on who you ask). Below is a list of signs that you’re a TV addict, and in my professional opinion, if you have done/experienced 10 or more, you’re a TV fanatic (welcome to the club!)
1. You don’t have FOMO (fear of missing out) about a party or get together, you have FOMO about not knowing who gets a rose on The Bachelorette.
2. And you get defensive when people don’t understand that.
3. You feel like you’re friends with Meredith Grey (and many other characters) and know what (and who) is best for her/him.
4. You believe there’s no such thing as seeing one episode too many times.
5. The question “What’s your favorite show?” gives you a stomachache.
6. You have put your computer at risk for viruses by following links to episodes online.
7. And you’ve made extra email accounts to sign up for multiple free trials on websites like Hulu (because you’ve spend more money than you have on Netflix and DVDs).
8. You follow strangers on twitter who feel like your friends because you watch the same shows.
9. When your “real life friends” have questions about what to watch, where to watch and the latest casting news, they come to you.
10. Your family/roommates know what nights you are busy and how long, and know what nights they can try to convince you to hang out with them instead of watching TV.
11. You don’t discriminate. You like dramas, comedies and reality (competition, documentary, dating AND celebrity sub-genres, of course).
12. You struggle with starting new shows because you love to rewatch your favorites (sometimes up to 10 or more times).
13. But once you start a new show, you binge-watch and finish unhealthily quick (I’m talking 9 seasons in a little over a month).
14. You’ve dreamed about having/running your own show (and may have realized it would really just be a hybrid of all of your favorites… Vampire doctors who are friends with the Kardashians and double as lawyers?!).
15. You know all of this might sound a little crazy, but you wouldn’t want to be any other way.