Entertainment Weekly’s annual reunion issue never fails. This year EW bought Lindsay Lohan, Rachel McAdams, Tina Fey, Amanda Seyfried and Lacey Chabert back together for a photo-shoot and a brief interview. Here’s what we learned about the plastics and North Shore’s favorite
1. Lindsay Lohan wanted to play Regina. “I wanted to play Regina. I had just played—in Confessions and Freaky—not the cool girl in school. I was still 17 years old and I wanted to be the cool girl on set.”
2. And Rachel McAdams wanted to play Cady. “Originally, I auditioned for Cady. Everyone was flipped around a little bit. I loved Regina—she seemed so deliciously wicked and borderline evil. I was quite a bit older at the time—I was, like, 24 or 25.”
3. Lacey Chabert did not think she was right for Gretchen. “I thought I was really wrong for Gretchen. The character description physically was very different from me. [She] was supposed to be really gangly.”
5. Amanda and Lacey became real life BFFs on set. Amanda said, ” I don’t know what I would have done without Lacey Chabert. She was my angel. She took me in, and we’d hang out in her trailer and listen to Dido.” Lacey added, “Amanda and I became very close very quickly. It was a very special time. I turned 21 while we were filming in the mall.”
6. Lindsay bonded with Tina Fey instead of the other girls. Tina said, “I remember 17-year-old Lindsay was on a mission to find pink Uggs. That was, like, what she was working on. And there was one day where she tried to explain to Amy and me her beef with Hilary Duff, but we couldn’t crack it. But we were pretending we could follow it.” (Does anything say early 2000s like pink uggs and the Hilary/Lindsay/Aaron Carter love triangle? The answer is no).
7. Rachel explained that infamous scene with her on-screen mom Amy Poehler. “They, like, pinned a piece of a cocktail wiener into her bra. I thought this dog was going to tear her apart. It was very effective. She was such a pro through it. She’s trying to do her lines and being so professional, and this dog is chomping on her fake boob. I’ll never forget that.”
8. There’s a REAL Glenn Cocco. “I tried to use real names in writing because it’s just easier. My older brother’s good friend is Glenn Cocco. He’s a film editor in Los Angeles, and I imagine it’s a pain in the butt for him. Someone said to me you could buy a shirt at Target that says “You go, Glenn Coco!” That was unexpected,” Tina explained.
9. On October 3rd someone asked LiLo what day it was. “These kids were outside, and someone said, ‘Do you know what day it is?’ and someone said, ‘It’s October 3rd!’ I was like, ‘What? I don’t understand!’ I didn’t know what they meant. Then I realized it!”10. Mariah Carey is a super fan and reminds Lindsay every time she sees her. “Mariah Carey and I have the same makeup artist. Whenever I see her, she does always say, ‘On Wednesdays, I wear pink.’ She loves that movie.”Bonus: The plastics guessed where their infamous characters would be now.
“Cady’s with Oprah in Africa working at children’s schools with a family, teaching girls to be nice to each other.”
I think they’re all housewives and Housewives of North Shore would be a great reunion movie. #Coolness.
Photos and quotes courtesy of http://www.insidemovies.ew.com because they’re so fetch.
Gifs courtesy of http://www.tumblr.com.