Taylor Swift released a new song last night, so naturally it’s time to talk about what ex-boyfriend the song is about. As it turns out, “Out of the Woods” has One Direction star Harry Styles written all over it. The lyrics say it all…
1. “Last December we were built to fall apart.”
Haylor, as the world called them, dated in December of 2012.
2. “Your necklace hanging from my neck.”
The former lovebirds were seen wearing matching necklaces.
3. “Two paper airplanes flying, flying.”
The infamous necklaces (seen above) were silver paper airplanes, and T Swift compared the relationship in the song to airplanes.
4. “Remember when you hit the brakes too soon/ 20 stitches in the hospital room.”
Harry and Taylor went on a ski trip during their time together, and Harry was reportedly injured on a snowmobile.
5. “Remember when we couldn’t take the heat/ I walked out, I said ‘I’m setting you free.'”
T Swift and H Styles only dated for a few months, and they called it quits because of the long distance and media coverage.
Taylor’s full album drops in a few weeks, and only time (and my investigating skills) will tell if other songs on that album are about Harry. In the mean time, I think it’s about time for Swifty to get herself a new man and some new inspiration because this isn’t the first time she’s gone after Styles.