This week I found myself screenshotting a lot of tweets (and sending them to my fellow pop culture junkies… Hi Laura! Hi Aurora!) and freaking out over a lot of articles I found on all over social media. I put together a roundup of all things Hollywood that had me saying WTF or OMG over the past week (I would write individual posts on all of them, but my professors wouldn’t approve) so all of you could freakout with me. Get ready for some #PopCulture101.
1. George Clooney’s wedding pics: I didn’t think the ultimate bachelor was ever going to settle down, and when he did, I definitely didn’t think he was going to publish the pictures… but I’m extremely grateful that he did and that Amal looks like this.
2. And everything else Amal wore in Italy: The proof is in the pictures. And the hat.
3. Ben Affleck and Jen Garner all over the media: Bennifer 2.0 took over morning and evening talk shows this week, and I wish it was something that happened at least once a month. Stories of the Affleck children and their head lice, Jen trying to imitate Ben, Ben trying to sing Let It Go to impress his children and both of them commenting on Ben’s batman body are some of the highlights.
4. The Kansas City police tweet: During the Kansas City Royals and Oakland A’s wildcard game, the Kansas City police put a twist on “Stars: They’re Just Like Us” and gave us “Police: They’re Just Like Us.”
5. Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard: The two have been together for years, but their new commercial and red carpet PDA made me fall for them all over again.
6. Jessie James Decker and Andi Dorfman are friends: Two of the best reality stars around (with the hottest (future for Andi) husbands in the game), these besties just moved to the top of our “Celebrities I Want To Spend The Day With” list.
7. The Selena/Bieber/Kardashian drama: Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber continued their ridiculous on-again off-again relationship in Paris this week, and rumor has it Sel is jealous that the Biebs got dinner with Kendall Jenner instead of her. Selena then unfollowed her boy-toy on instagram (she unfollowed Kendall months ago). But plot twist: Selena gave Kendall’s mom Kris Jenner a ride home from the airport and Kris insta’d a selfie of them the next day. #GetSelenaAndBieberAKardashianSpinoff
8. The Kim/North Tweet: Speaking of Kardashian’s, Kim made headlines this week for pictures that made it look like she forgot North West when she was leaving her hotel. I don’t know if she really did or not, but whoever captured these pictures and turned them into this tweet is a genius.
9. Giuliana Rancic’s blue jumpsuit: Bow down to G (and her new wine line that I freaked out about last week).
11. How much I diss like the new Grey’s character: Speaking of Meredith’s family, Grey’s Anatomy gave Mer a new sibling and I can’t believe how much I dislike her. Maybe it’s how much I loved other half-sib Lexie, or her lack of chemistry with the cast, but I petition to get “Maggie” off the show ASAP.
12. Parenthood’s Final Season: Speaking of Thursday night TV, it’s finally starting to feel real that Parenthood is ending soon. All of the storylines this year are tearjerkers, and my mind keeps going back to the Braverman clan.
15. Reese Witherspoon’s Vogue interview: If you forgot how much you loved Reese Witherspoon, her 73 questions with Vogue is a good reminder.
16. Alyssa Milano leaving Mistresses: Right after I celebrated Mistresses getting a 3rd season, star Alyssa Milano announced she was leaving the show because she couldn’t move from LA to Canada with two young kids. Not cool, Savi, not cool. I hope they kill her off and bring her back from the dead when Alyssa comes to her senses. Oh wait, they’ve already used that one on another character. #BestGuiltyPleasure
17. The OC Reunion on Hart of Dixie: Rachel Bilson and Autumn Reeser are making us x10 more excited for Hart of Dixie’s midseason return by teasing a Summer and Taylor reunion. Bonus: how cute is pregnant Rachel?
18. Bonus OC news: Ben McKenzie recently revealed in a new interview that he keeps in touch with all of the Cohens (Adam Brody, Kelly Rowan and Peter Gallanger), and that “Leighton [Meester, Brody’s wife] is great.” #CanWeHangOutToo
19. Ashton and Mila’s daughter Wyatt: I can’t decide how I feel about the baby girl’s name, but I am excited that baby Kutcher is here. Ashton took to his website to announce the news, and posted pictures of 8 different babies (one of which is his new daughter) and explained “Can you guess which one is ours, or does it really matter? All babies are cute.”
I’m placing bets on the first one.
20. Gone Girl: Drink every time you see a commercial for Gone Girl, and whoever gets drunk first please come with me to see it. #PeaceLoveBenAffleck
21. Mellie Grant: Another week, another Scandal that should be renamed “Mellie (and her fried chicken).”
22. Cyrus and his hair plugs: If you haven’t noticed Cyrus’s new hair in Scandal, you will see it in the pictures below and I apologize in advance for ruining him for the next few episodes (and recommend reading Twitter’s reaction).
23. Derek Jeter’s live tweet and new website: Even though Derek denied my proposal during his live tweet the other day, I’m still excited because this is the first time the former (tear, tear) Yankee shortstop has tackled social media, and he’s here to stay on his new website that focuses on giving athlete a their own voice in the media. Plus, he looked so hot on Jimmy Fallon.
SWOON. He’s also pretty funny. Ugh, just #MARRYMEDEREK.
24. Teresa and Joe off to jail: The Real Housewives of New Jersey stars, Teresa and Joe Giudice, are set to spend 15 months and 41 months in prison, respectively, for their fraud case. The world reacted with ideas for Bravo spinoffs, and rumor has it Teresa could have avoided jail time if they were honest at the beginning of his whole mess. #TeresaForOrangeIstheNewBlackSeason3?
25. The Nick Jonas pictures: These 100% speak for themselves.
Bonus: It’s October 3rd aka National Mean Girls Day, and the actor who played Aaron Samuels is celebrating accordingly.